SlantSix Studios: Socom Confrontation News Update. September 15, 2008Posted by Admin in Playstation 3, Playstation Network, Slant Six Studios, Socom Confrontation.
Tags: Slant Six Studios, Socom Confrontation
In addition to the on-line manual there’s an update for the next patch scheduled for Socom.- another patch is in the works and the focus of it will be to resolve the following issues:
News update 09/17/08 The mentioned patch is scheduled for a release of 09/18/08 Here’s the official announcement:
We are happy to announce that the eagerly anticipated SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta 1.30 Patch will be released on Thursday, September 18th, at 12:00 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST/KST).
The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 patch addresses the following issues:
- Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.
- Fixed an issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.
- Removed the latency detection network test which was causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).
- Fixed an issue where clients with different client versions (patches) could play together in a default medley game.
- Fixed an issue where if the session master leaves the game, late joiners could not “green up” and late join into the game.
- Fixed corrupt characters in the European and Japanese EULAs and Server News.
- Fixed many join game issues and made joining a game quicker. We are still optimizing this.
- Fixed an issue where if you add and then remove someone from your block list they were still unable to send you a message.
- Improved accuracy while moving (based on user feedback). Partial implementation. More improvements to come.
- Reduced the encumbrance penalty (based on user feedback).
- Changed the default round time for Medley games from 8 minutes to 6 minutes (based on user feedback).
We are still looking into the following issues and they will be addressed in a future patch:
- Some late joiners have really bad framerate (5fps) and crash if they exit the game from the start menu. This happens at approximately 1/50 frequency.
- Some late joiners will get stuck on the round complete screen. This is timing dependent.
- Some users will crash in-game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency (games).
- Some late joiners get stuck on the loading screen, loading into a game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency.
- Green or corrupted particles appear for RPG, C4 and AT4 explosions. This happens at approximately 1/4 frequency (users).
- Further tuning and tweaking based on user feedback.
Once the patch is released, we will continue to keep an eye out for any additional issues which may arise.Regards,
SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team